What is the Campaign for Meds Management (CMM)?
The CMM identifies and promotes resources, techniques, and interventions for patients, caregivers, and providers that support the following:
- Improve medication use and management, especially in high-risk medication (HRM) populations
- High-risk medications include opioids, anticoagulants, and diabetic drugs
- Advance patient-centered shared decision-making
- Emphasize the patient voice in healthcare
- Disseminate favorable resources and tools utilized, promoted, and/or created by QIN-QIOs
Who should join the CMM?
- Anyone who uses medications; particularly opioid, anticoagulant, and/or diabetic drugs
- Anyone who cares for someone who uses medications
- Healthcare professionals who want access to innovative and experienced resources and tools
- Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIO) staff and recruited providers
- Entities that want ideas for medication safety quality improvement activities
- Individuals who want their medication experience stories shared
Why should you join the CMM?
- Participate in Learning and Action Network (LAN) events and receive free continuing education credit
- Access numerous resources to improve medication safety and communication between providers, patients, and caregivers
- Identify various medication safety quality improvement activity opportunities
- Spread medication safety interventions regionally and nationally
- Be a leader in medication improvement activities and interventions
Want to join the Campaign?
Commit to participate in the Medication Safety LAN Events and engage in at least one of the following:
- Suggest a tool or resource
- Share a story or experience with the CMM team
- Use/promote shared decision-making in your practice
Who has joined the Campaign?
See the states below that have committed to join the campaign (Alabama, Alaska, Colorado, D.C., Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia).
Don't let your state fall behind! Join the CMM today and become a leader in medication safety.
Have a question about CMM? Submit it here.